SEND’s International Council is what might in some organizations be called a Board of Directors. The International Council is a body of elected or appointed members from around the world who jointly govern in policy matters of a global nature and strategic vision to SEND. The Council consists of twelve voting members, plus all regional directors as non-voting members. Eight of the voting members are non-salaried (at least six from councils of sending countries), and four are elected SEND members.
What Do They Do?
The basic governance tasks of International Council are:
- To identify the contribution SEND will make in the church and the world (i.e. its mission, its goals, and the ends it exists to achieve).
- To establish principles and articulate core values that will be observed in carrying out the work of the mission.
- Approve overall international objectives, and review the course of the mission and factors affecting its progress. Review and approve long-range planning and coordinate Mission resources.
- Establish and maintain Mission policy of a global nature. If such policy changes the nature of the Mission, as stated in its Constitution; such changes will be submitted to the Mission membership for ratification.
- Receive Regional reports in order to ensure that the affairs of regional and area operations are conducted in a manner consistent with the Mission‘s Constitution, Principles and Policies.
- Authorize the Articles of Incorporation of new areas and constitute new areas.
- Take action necessary and consistent with its function to fulfill its objectives.
- Approve mergers with other organizations.
- Appoint the International Director.
- Provide spiritual leadership and prayer support for SEND‘s international operations.
Who Are Its Members?
|Mr. Ron Paradowicz
Courtyard Management Company, Inc.
|Rev. Warren Janzen
|Mr. Joel C. Aguilar
||Philippine Sending Council, Philippines
BAYAN Telecommunications, Inc.
Division Head, Revenue Assurance
|Mr. Harold Barg
NDL Construction Ltd.
|Mr. Richard Bernard
Insurance Planning Service
President & Owner
|Mr. S. Chan
|Dr. Charles Cook
Jaffray Centre for Global Initiatives - Ambrose University
|Mrs. Deborah Davis
|Mr. Rex Durham
||Europe Regional Director
|Mr. Jon Eckstein
||East Asia Regional Director
|Mr. Heinrich Finger
||International Executive Council
|Rev. Doug Harder
||Southeast Asia Regional Director
|Mrs. Rita Haudenschild
|Rev. Carl Kresge
||Eurasia Regional Director
|Ms. Isabel Lee
|Mr. Stephen K. L. Lee
||East Asia Sending Council, Hong Kong