Reaching Muslims in a variety of settings and a variety of ways.
God draws people into missions in unique and personal ways. Although not every SEND missionary takes the same path to the field, there are some common steps.
- Talk to your pastor or spiritual mentor about whether missions is right for you
- Investigate SEND’s opportunities and qualifications
- Fill out a Preliminary Questionnaire (PQ)
- Talk to a SEND Mobilizer
- Fill out the Application** and Evaluations
- Be approved by the Missionary Appointment Committee*
- Attend training**
- Raise support
If you feel God might be leading you into missions with SEND, connect with us.
*For short-term missionaries, the Short-term Acceptance Committee approves applicants.
**Short-term and Mid-term missionaries undergo a shorter application and training process than long-term missionaries.
SEND International is passionate about mobilizing God’s people into missions and we do everything we can to help our missionaries succeed. When we consider potential missionaries, we start with the basics:
- Know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior
- Live a mature, consistent, godly lifestyle
- Be recommended by your sending church
- Agree with SEND’s Statement of Faith
- Have the experience, education or qualifications for the particular ministry you are applying for
- Be healthy physically, spiritually, emotionally and relationally
Other requirements depend on the length of service:
Short-term (2 weeks-1 year)
- Be at least two years post high school (except for special cases)
- Be open to God calling you into long-term missions
Mid-term or Long-term (2-3 years or 4+ years)
- Strong sense of call and urgency to reach the lost
- Relate well with others, particularly interculturally—submissive to leaders, servants to teammates
- Know how to interpret, apply and defend Scripture
- Able to present the gospel
- Understand basic church planting principles
- Working toward paying off debt